As an older person, you need understanding, experienced doctors of your choice, to attend to your health needs. Easy access to facilities and services is also paramount.
At Wheelers Hill Clinic, we have extensive experience in Aged Care and are pleased to establish a long-term relationship with you so that you may achieve the best health outcomes. Our background in Aged Care enables us to assist you in maintaining your health and independence, for as long as possible. We can help you access community services and advocate on your behalf if necessary.
All of the doctors regularly attend local Aged Care facilities, hostels, and nursing homes.
The Wheelers Hill Clinic has easy access. All medical and allied health services are located under one roof for your convenience.
There is dedicated parking, a ramp for wheelchairs, and specific toilet facilities for people with disabilities or requiring the use of mobility aids. Our expanded nursing service provides a modern treatment area with a height-adjustable examination couch.
The services provided include:
- Health Assessments, specially designed to meet the needs of the over 75-year olds. These can be conducted at the clinic or your home
- Management of your chronic diseases
- Review of your medications, conducted in your home in conjunction with the pharmacist
- Development of your own GP Management Plan, and Personal Health Summary to keep for your records and use when visiting other doctors or medical professionals
- Vaccinations for Flu, Pneumonia, Tetanus, Whooping Cough and other infectious diseases
- Management of psychological problems unique to the later years
- Care of leg ulcers
- Care of skin cancers
- Iron infusions
- Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Audiologist, and Pathology Collection Service
- Home visits may be arranged when necessary. This will incur an out of pocket fee of $100.