Wheelers Hill Clinic offers a variety of comprehensive medical examinations and Health Assessments to assist in making you aware of your health and how to stay healthy.
Dorevitch Pathology Services
Dorevitch Pathology is a national provider of high quality, comprehensive, pathology services and has an enviable record of high quality, built over many years.
For your convenience, this service is situated at Wheelers Hill Clinic.
Experienced collection nurses work closely with your doctor for a speedy pathology service. Timely reports downloaded directly to the doctor’s electronic in-box, for comment prior to inserting into your health record helps deliver an efficient service.
The pathology services include:
- blood tests
- specimen collection
- ECG testing
- 24hr ambulatory (heart) monitor.
The pathology collection service operating hours are Monday to Friday 8 AM to 3 PM and Saturday 9 AM to 12 PM.
Experienced therapists from a well-known and long-standing local physiotherapy clinic, Active Physiotherapy, provide on-site physiotherapy at Wheelers Hill Clinic.
There is close communication between the physiotherapists, the doctors and company – in the case of industrial injuries. This ensures optimum and co-ordinated treatment.
Physiotherapists actively manage injured workers back to full duties as soon as possible.
All of the psychologists practicing at our clinic bring many years of experience. They offer services across a broad range, with application to both personal and occupational health situations.
Our psychologists specialise in counselling for depression and anxiety disorders, anger management, relationship problems, stress-related problems, including occupational stress, management of chronic pain, and assisting in the recovery from trauma. Therefore, they are well qualified to help.
The process of being able to understand and be understood is often taken for granted. Communication disabilities are the result of problems with speech, using and understanding language, voice, fluency and hearing.
Lane is a passionate Speech-Language Pathologist, with over 30 years of paediatric experience.
She specialises in the assessment and treatment of toddlers, children and adolescents with communication disorders. She has varied paediatric experience including delays and disorders of:
- developmental language
- receptive language / understanding instructions
- expressive language
- articulation / phonology
- phonological awareness / pre-reading
- social language skills / pragmatics
- autism spectrum disorder
- hearing impairment
She works closely with childcare centres, pre-schools, schools, community health centres, GPs and other professionals. Rebates are available for Medicare programs (Team Care Plan/Enhanced Primary Care) and from all private health insurers.
The Sound Health Hearing Clinic helps people with hearing loss to overcome difficulties by providing expert assessment, advice and rehabilitation of hearing loss.
Audiology services include:
- Hearing tests for adults and children from 5 years old
- Hearing testing for Victoria Police applications, pre employment, aviation and scuba diving medicals
- Expert advice and a full report
- Tailored hearing solutions to meet the needs and requirements of each individual, using goal oriented outcomes
- Free hearing aid quotations
- Fitting the latest digital devices using state-of-the-art equipment
- 12 months complimentary servicing and adjustment
- Fitting custom-made ear protection plugs including musician’s ear plugs, noise and swim plugs
- Custom ear-mould impressions for In Ear Monitors.
Consultation with our audiologist is by appointment through the Wheelers Hill Clinic.